SC - Help!!

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed May 10 14:30:14 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/10/00 4:37:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> Another consideration is that the yogurt, assuming that's what Persian
>  milk is, is probably not cow's milk yogurt, and yogurt made from goat's
>  or sheep's milk behaves differently. You might have different results
>  using goat's milk yogurt, since goat's milk has its fat emulsified more
>  severely into it -- it is effectively "shortened" -- which means it
>  tends to thicken or gel more than curdle, in a cheesemaking process.

This is true.  Goats milk will still curdle, but at a higher temperature than
cows milk, and it does not curdle in the same fashion.  Also, Goats milk can
withstand a more highly acidic environment than cows milk.  When introducing
cows milk into an acidic liquid, it is best to do so only after roux (or
another starchy substance) has been used to thicken it (either the milk, or
the liquid).  This helps to inhibit the curdling (or "breaking).  With goats
milk, it is often not necessary to thicken it prior to the introduction.

Could somone privately e-mail me the recipe in question?  I may be able to
offer more help if I can see the actual recipe.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt