SC - Unhistoric things we serve WAS:Shepherds Pie

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu May 11 04:35:54 PDT 2000

List,

    Has anyone done a search on Amazon.com for Platina or Maestro Martino
recently?  I did that a few minutes ago, and both turned up with a lot of
hits, mostly out of print stuff.  I am just wondering if these are titles by
the same guys, or if they just happen to be coincidence.  I'm wondering
because I found out today, while looking for juggling and rocketry supplies
(both of which are very difficult to find here), that a local hobby store has
access to a lot of out of print cookery books (evidently, they consider
cooking a hobby...imagine that).  I'm wondering if it would be worth the
effort for them to try to track down some of the more obscure titles folks on
the list have been looking for.  Any suggestions?  I already have them
looking for any Catalan or Norman references (Catalan for our friends on the
list, and Norman for myself).  Pop some titles at me, won't you?

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who has fond memories of a time when cooking was a hobby....ahhh...the days
before chefs coats and silly looking hats...110 degree kitchens...and Creme
Brulee, heavy on the Brulee..)

Complacency Breeds Contempt