SC - Anyone have any good "period"picnic items recipes?

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Thu May 11 12:25:58 PDT 2000

I thought the other volume was Maggie Black's The Medieval Cookbook, not The
Medieval Kitchen, which has nothing to do with the British Museum Press.

I happen to like both books for what the are.  The Medieval Cookbook has
recipes from more common sources, a lot of nice illustrations and tries to
tie the recipes to changing history.  The Medieval Kitchen is a more
scholarly work with better references.  Of the two, I prefer The Medieval
Kitchen, because it has more meat.

Bear