SC - Olla podrida

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Thu May 11 20:28:56 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/11/00 12:06:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
margaret at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< Would also like to know if there are
 any period varieties still being grown in large enough numbers to show up at
 markets. Ras you seem to be very knowledgeable. >>

Alas my knowledge in the cherry area is somewhat limited. :-( I am not aware
of any actual cherry varieties that  are being marketed today that may have
been available to those living in the Middle Ages.

As for recipes, Cherioun comes to mind. I think it is in Two-Fifteenth
Century Cookery Books, IIRC.

Ras