SC - Pennsic Cookery Classes

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 12 01:15:04 PDT 2000

And speaking of blood:

I had a boyfriend who was a modern musician, back in the '70's, and
he and his other musician friends improvised during a performance art
piece - among other things, the artist tied up a naked woman and
poured gallons of blood on her while she screamed (i don't know if
her screams were part of the performance or if she was truly
terrified). I believe the artist got the stuff from a slaughter
house, but i don't know if it was "edible".

Now that i have been assured that blood was indeed used in cooking
"in period" (not that i doubted it, but i was looking for info - and
thanks for all the recipes and descriptions), i now inquire as to
where one might find it... Any ideas, other than haunting slaughter
houses?

Anahita