SC - distilling

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 12 23:36:41 PDT 2000

A forward of a post on eggplant, with a friend in the Near East, married
to an Indian.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com

- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: "Sherry C. Atri" <sherrycatri at yahoo.com>
To: allilyn at juno.com
Subject: Re: Cookbook
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

I would guess that the period one is the plant sold as
Easter Egg plant.  When you see it growing you
understand why they called it eggplant.  It really
does look like you are growing eggs.  They are white
or golden in color when ripe and fuller of seeds than
the modern variety.  I don't know when the purple
variety came into hybridization, but I think it might
be a little out of period.

Anyway, ever since I learned that eggplant has no
nutritional value whatsoever I have held myself
excused from having to eat it, except of course in
Baba Ganouge, which is really delicious here.  They
make two kinds, one the salty/smoky variety I am
familiar with from Ali Baba's, etc., and the other
with a sweet/sour tamarind sauce.

Regards

http://im.yahoo.com/
- --------- End forwarded message ----------