SC - Fw: [Mid] Tea Eggs?

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sat May 13 07:17:04 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 13 May 00,, that allilyn at juno.com wrote:

> I was working on several projects today, one German, one
> Mediterranean, and blanc mange recipes kept jumping out at me. Neapolitan
> Collection, as well as Martino, have a bianco mangiare.  If you use it as
> a sauce for 2 chickens, you can color one of them yellow.

Is there any medieval European cuisine that didn't have blancmange?  It
seems to have been universally popular.  De Nola says, "You should
know that of all the dishes that there are in the world, these three are
the flower and the foremost, and they are: Sauce for Peacock,
Mirrauste, and Blancmange, of which each one should be individually
crowned with a royal crown..."

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann