SC - Cookbook offer!

barwench barwench at oldenfeld.org
Sat May 13 09:15:31 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor wrote:
>"Aw, just round it off to '3'...Who's gonna notice?  And, while you're at it,
>Let's go to a base 7 numeral system, and make only ONE size of pants..."

What do you mean, base 7, you incorrigible futurist? We should really turn
back the clock and get rid of bases altogether. If you can't count it by
tens, dozens, scores or grosses, it's too big to count. While we're at it,
we should abolish all fractions more specific than halves and quarters. For
units of measure, we ought be satisfied with things like "a handful" or
"'tain't far, just down the road a piece." And the only statistical analysis
of probability should be "the good lord willing and the creek don't rise."

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon