SC - test. please ignore

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Sun May 14 04:23:48 PDT 2000

>All of the "Chicken and Waffle" houses
>mentioned in these references are either closed, or never really existed to
>begin with.  I am determined to find out why I keep hearing about it (I
>believe it is an African-American favorite).  If anyone has any information
>on this topic, please respond to me, privately if you like, to save bandwidth.
>
>Balthazar of Blackmoor

Can't help much, except there's a chicken and waffle restaurant in
Alameda, an island city in the San Francisco Bay just off the shore
of Oakland. There was, until recently, a naval station there, now
closed down, and also until recently the major employer. It's a town
of nice Victorian homes, and a certain amount of build up due to
WWII, although there are some Art Deco buildings there, too - and
very recently high-tech industry with concomitant condos over looking
the Bay.

And Ole's Chicken and Waffles - i haven't managed to eat there yet,
but i'm planning on it. Perhaps i can learn a bit of the history
(then, again, maybe just myth-information)

Anahita al-shazhiyya