SC - Eggs graven with Vinegar

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Mon May 15 21:49:14 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/15/00 11:14:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
allilyn at juno.com writes:

<<
 I use it in poultry stuffings, soups and casseroles; pork likes thyme, so
 does lamb and veal.  Except for the pea soup, I haven't tried it with any
 other ham dishes.  It blends well in dishes that have garlic.>>

    And it's my favorite herb to use with sauteed mushrooms! Wonderful
stuff...........

 It smells nice when you pass it, so it might be nice in sachet.  Diana
 does herbs and craft items, so maybe she can tell us how it behaves
 there.  I have heard, but haven't needed to try, the theory that it
 reduces fleas, etc., in pet bedding.   >>

    Wouldn't surprise me at all, though I don't remember seeing it listed
anywhere. I *have* used it in potpourri  before, in a blend for gentlemen
that I found somewhere. Worked very well, too, as I recall.
    It's also well regarded as a medicinal herb, especially for things like
sore throats. And one of the main ingredients in the mouthwash Listerine is
thymol, to many people's surprise! ;-)

            Ldy Diana