SC - Pennsic Cooking Round-table class

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue May 16 07:24:22 PDT 2000

    I think she did both - I recall once that she made a dish of decorated
eggs that had a punched design through the shell; when you peeled the egg,
the white had this pattern on it. Very unexpected!
    My mom used to make decorated eggs with miniatures - swiped all of my
old D&D figs for 'em! Wound up putting several of them on my wedding cake,
which was really neat (got pics scanned, let me know off-list, and I'll send
it to you)

    Sieggy

> That sounds very similar to the Ukranian craft of psanky, wherein a stylus
of
> sorts is used to mask areas of the egg when it is dyed.  The egg is put
through
> a number of dye baths to create very complex and beautiful designs.
However,