SC - Re: Asian Cuisine

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue May 16 19:44:48 PDT 2000

Nope, but you can buy vinegar mother, or better yet, buy unpasteurized
vinegar in a health food store and add to the wine. Be sure to expose it to
air, perhaps use cheesecloth or some other mesh netting to cover to keep
flies out. Distilled vinegar is right out by definition, not only has it been
pasteurized, and is therefore free of mother, it's been distilled and
watered, it's pretty much just dilute acetic acid. You need the live stuff my
friend.. :-)

Overnight? more like a week or two... try it after you see the slimy cover of
the mother form on top and you'll know when it's ready.

Corwyn