SC - sourdough experiment #1 alternate method

J C Ronsen caleb at buffnet.net
Tue May 16 20:32:03 PDT 2000

Isabeau writes:

> One thing that I noticed was not mentioned is that she has proven that the
> "Kiwi-fruit" is period!!

Do bear in mind that modern breeding programs have resulted in
fruit that are significantly different to the original form. I've seen it
claimed that the Chinese gooseberry was renamed because the new
varieties were so different to their predecessors.

>You see the New Zelanders that grew and marketed Kiwi earlier
>this century, knew they could not market it under the name of the
>plants they brought back from a trip to Europe.

Nitpick: New Zealand stocks are supposed to have been developed
from seeds from China.

Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard