SC - Emeril on medieval cooking

J C Ronsen caleb at buffnet.net
Tue May 16 20:55:30 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/16/00 3:59:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mmkl at indy.net
writes:

<< do you have some period recipes for 'fries'  >>

I don't have any recipes specifically geared toward chicken  testicles but
here is one that i found  for turkey testicles that could be adapted to
chickens at a website called 101 Testicle Recipes and Fun Facts .
http://funlinked.com/testicle/

I also served a period sheep's testicle recipe at the Known World's Cooks
Gathering last Pennsic. They were simmered and then cut into pieces and
served with a Cameline Sauce...very good food. :-) Stefan may have it on his
Florethingy. If not I will do my best to plow through my unorganized mass of
facts and find it for you. Elysant took a particular interest in my balls, so
she may even be able to provide you with the recipe.

Butterflied Turkey Nuts

3 pounds of fresh turkey nuts
1 pound of flour
Salt & Pepper

Heat fryer to 350-degrees.
Rinse nuts under cold running water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Make
a lengthwise slit in your nuts, almost cutting in half but not going all the
way through (butterfly). Dredge in the seasoned flour and fry immediately.
Have a platter with a towel to drain your nuts on? Serve your nuts with your
favorite sauce.

Ras