SC - it's all about money

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed May 17 08:22:29 PDT 2000

Morgana wrote:

Don't be too hard on Emeril.  Medieval Times probably <legal dodge> gave
Food TV a big sack of cash to let them have an hour of advertising
disguised as a show.  Consider that they had promos all through the
station breaks.

As for him not answering his mail:  VOLUME  Like all celebrities, he has
a staff for that.  If we (who can access the web--I have free e-mail
only) continue to send well written critiques, they will notice.

Just remember that Medieval Times may have said some really snide things
about us.
_____________________________________

Also, you have to consider what the general population of people think is
Medieval Cuisine comes straight from places like this and Renn Faires.  When
I told a friend that goes to the Renn Faires that I study Medieval Cuisine
she asked if I make those great turkey legs.  If Emeril's staff does not
have food historians on it, then they are going to go to someplace that says
they are Medieval servers of cuisine and listen to them.

Also, their own cooks disagree on simple modern cuisines, but then smile and
appear on others shows.  Mario Bateli (SP) does a show on Italian cuisine
and on his show publicly talks snidely about Emeril's use of garlic in
Italian dishes and says that Ming Tsai does not sauce the noodles correctly
for Italian cuisine.  But I have seen him on both those shows.  On Emeril's
you could see him cringe when Emeril made one of his dishes, then smiled and
said it was perfect.  If they don't agree on modern stuff, why would the
take the time to research something that not even food historians (that's us
guys :) can't agree on alot of the time?

Murkial