SC - Medieval Times

catwho@bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Wed May 17 18:36:10 PDT 2000

- ------=_NextPart_000_0533_01BFC042.A7E46180

    I'd estimate the food cost of a Medieval Times dinner to be =
something in the neighborhood of $2.50, soft drinks included, total cost =
with labor, etc, at maybe $4.25. To be really honest (and I've been =
there 3 times) they serve food that's low-grade Holiday Inn. Yeah, =
there's a lot of atmosphere, but that's about it. They hustle you in and =
out like you're on a bus tour.
    What you're paying for more than anything else is the floor show, =
much like any other entertainment club. If you're a rube who knows no =
better, it's a load of fun, but if you're a SCAdian, you'll roll your =
eyes a lot, and be inclined to make nasty comments. Which is probably =
why the management doesn't like the SCA very much . . .
    To them, it's Bidnis. To us, it's art, and the difference is vast, =
indeed.

    Sieggy
  Yes.  I would imagine that considering how much food and the quality =
and=20
  variety one usually gets for such a small price at an SCA feast, in=20
  comparison, the dinner (feast?) at Medieval Times I bet would be far =
more=20
  expensive for what you get.  I'm a little curious as to how much it =
costs to=20
  be subjected to it....  ;-)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0533_01BFC042.A7E46180

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>    I'd estimate the food cost of a Medieval Times =
dinner to=20
be something in the neighborhood of $2.50, soft drinks included, total =
cost with=20
labor, etc, at maybe $4.25. To be really honest (and I've been there 3 =
times)=20
they serve food that's low-grade Holiday Inn. Yeah, there's a lot of =
atmosphere,=20
but that's about it. They hustle you in and out like you're on a bus =
tour.</DIV>
<DIV>    What you're paying for more than anything else =
is the=20
floor show, much like any other entertainment club. If you're a rube who =
knows=20
no better, it's a load of fun, but if you're a SCAdian, you'll roll your =
eyes a=20
lot, and be inclined to make nasty comments. Which is probably why the=20
management doesn't like the SCA very much . . .</DIV>
<DIV>    To them, it's Bidnis. To us, it's art, and the=20
difference is vast, indeed.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>    Sieggy</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">Yes. =20
  I would imagine that considering how much food and the quality and =
<BR>variety=20
  one usually gets for such a small price at an SCA feast, in =
<BR>comparison,=20
  the dinner (feast?) at Medieval Times I bet would be far more =
<BR>expensive=20
  for what you get.  I'm a little curious as to how much it costs =
to <BR>be=20
  subjected to it....  ;-)<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0533_01BFC042.A7E46180--