SC - Rosemary... and Thyme

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu May 18 02:23:46 PDT 2000

List,

    I just got back from 3 days visiting my sister in Vegas, and we were
tossing around a few ideas.  One which particularly appealed to me was the
idea of having a "Progressive Medieval Feast" at one of our local events.
For those of you not familiar with the concept of a progressive dinner, it is
a dinner in which each course is prepared an served at someone elses home (or
encampment), and the feasters travel from one to the other.  This would be, I
think, a very pleasant way to spend an evening at an event, and would
certainly ease the burden of preparing a feast, as each diner would only have
to prepare one course.  That would leave plenty of time for sprucing up the
camp, and getting that "period" atmosphere going.  What do you think?  I'll
be trying this at Darkwell at the end of July, if anyone is interested in
stopping by.  All period foods, of course (I get to try out my first attempt
at "documentable" cooking at camp.  Should be fun).

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt