SC - Medieval Times

catwho@bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Thu May 18 05:45:59 PDT 2000

I think that I have been on this List for too long, it is having a bad
influence on me!  Well, actually the influence is actually a good one, but I
can see it causing me arguments with other SCAdians!

I was talking with someone about an upcoming event about the games I would
be bringing - I mentioned a few and then said something about having
dominoes even though I am not sure that they are actually Period.  He
responded with something like "that's okay, it is still fun to play them, I
will bring mine too.  There will be lots of newcomers at the event so the
important thing is that they enjoy themselves".  I really couldn't get
through to him that it is even more important to be careful about passing
things off as Period when there are newcomers present.  I wonder where I
could have picked up this new interest in Period accuracy......

Gwynydd