SC - Fooles and Fricassees

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu May 18 06:04:15 PDT 2000

Oh.  Sorry.  I didn't mean to be a smart#@$%!  But, living in this area, it is a
frequent thing to run into tourists who don't seem to know where they are.  I
also have the same experiences from 4 years of college of Williamsburg, VA.  For
example, there were these two ladies who were standing on Duke of Gloucester
Street, near the College end (the Wren Building of the College being on one end
of the street and the colonial Capitol Building on the other).  The first lady
said that she was sure they were in Williamsburg, because she could see the
College of "Williams and Mary"!  The other lady insisted that they were in
Jamestown (actually about 15 miles away!) because she could see the Capitol, and
everybody knows that that's in Jamestown!  They came to the conclusion that the
College end of the street was Williamsburg and the Capitol end, Jamestown.  I
walked away shaking my head, and unwilling to get drawn into the debate by
trying to help them!!

Kiri