SC - Re: OOP- That woman...8^D (i.e. MS recipes)

Joan Nicholson gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Thu May 18 21:08:10 PDT 2000

Gwynydd said:
> I was talking with someone about an upcoming event about the games I would
> be bringing - I mentioned a few and then said something about having
> dominoes even though I am not sure that they are actually Period.  He
> responded with something like "that's okay, it is still fun to play them, I
> will bring mine too.  There will be lots of newcomers at the event so the
> important thing is that they enjoy themselves".  I really couldn't get
> through to him that it is even more important to be careful about passing
> things off as Period when there are newcomers present.  I wonder where I
> could have picked up this new interest in Period accuracy......

I know you weren't asking for more gaming details, but one way to fight
this is to provide interesting, easy to learn games that were played in
period. I can't remember if dominos was a period game or not. Anyway, you
might want to take a look at these files in the ENTERTAINMENT section
of my files:
games-msg        (100K)  5/17/00    Medieval board games and sports.
games-cards-msg   (66K)  1/29/99    Period card games.

Justin has also put together an extensive website dedicated to period
board games. I believe his website is mentioned in the games-msg file.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net