SC - OT: Medieval Times

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu May 18 21:31:57 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan li Rous

> I know you weren't asking for more gaming details, but one way to fight
> this is to provide interesting, easy to learn games that were played in
> period. I can't remember if dominos was a period game or not. Anyway, you
> might want to take a look at these files in the ENTERTAINMENT section
(snip)
> Justin has also put together an extensive website dedicated to period
> board games. I believe his website is mentioned in the games-msg file.

I am always interested in learning more games and game histories.  (I am
campaigning - quietly - for the role of Ynys Fawr Games Master (well, the
Dance Mistress keeps this title regardless of gender!).  The position has
not yet been created, let alone filled, but my quiet persistence may yet pay
off.  NOTE: to Ynys Fawrians - DO NOT mention this to any of the powers that
be, I am actually joking and don't want any of the Barons we know and love
getting hold of the idea - I am already the holder of the Rubber Chicken
thanks to their strange minds!)

Thanks for the tip (oddly enough, I haven't checked out that part of the
Florilegium - too busy looking for quinces and confectionery, I guess).

I do know about Justin's page and have spent a lot of time there too.

Gwynydd (who is warning all Ynys Fawrians to remember that she still has to
decide who gets the Rubber Chicken next!)