SC - census basics: how many are here?

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu May 18 21:55:15 PDT 2000

- -----Original Message-----
From: Christi Rigby <crigby at uswest.net>
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2000 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: SC - OT: Medieval Times

>flip wrote:
>
>32 people
>so about $75 each.
>not bad... but then assuming 8 hours each, that's less than $10 an hour...
>_________________________________
>
>Do all those people work a full 8 hours or are some part time?  All wait
>staff and bartenders I know work at a low wage plus tips so that wouldn't
be
>included in the feast cost. Plus we pay retail costs for our food, they pay
>cheaper prices because they get them in bulk.

You might want to check out wholesale places.  I buy meat, veg and spices
all through wholesale

We use more expensive spices>and ingredients.  And I have never charged $10
a head for a feast in any>that I have made.  The most expensive was $6 and
at that we made some money
>on the feast.

My shire generally charges $8 for feast.  That includes Friday supper,
breakfast, lunch, dinner Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.  Trimaris does
lots of camping events.