SC - finally! A baking success! and re: honey butter

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri May 19 04:28:39 PDT 2000

"James F. Johnson" wrote:

> Elaine Koogler wrote:
>
> > disappointment at the mead I purchased one time and the Maryland Ren Faire...I am
> > certain that what they did was to take cheap white wine and add honey to it!
> > Aarrrgh!!!!!!!
>
> Oddly enough, the one Ren Faire I've been to was MRF, on the other side
> of the country. And yes, I think I will agree that the mead was honeyed
> white wine.

I've seen commercially bottled "meads" that were honeyed wines. Where
they got this idea I couldn't say, unless they looked in a bad
dictionary and saw that mead was honey wine. Is spiced wine made by
fermenting spices???

> But then, I make the stuff and have been accused of
> finickyness....from time to time....:) ('Lainie, remember silence is a
> virtue....)

Hey, this is 'Lainie we're talking about? 'Lainie??? It's never been my
pleasure to meet the lady, but I always got the impression... well, you
know... silence? Are you sure you wanna go there?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com