SC - Now cut that out!

Debra R. Poole dpoole1 at airmail.net
Fri May 19 14:33:46 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/19/2000 1:52:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Etain1263 at aol.com writes:

<< << Let me know, folks. I'm slumlady ;-) >>

 Um....what's a "slumlady"? >>

Slumlady or slumlord is the "SCA" way of saying the person doing landgrab
(who is also often in charge of planning where all the tents will fit,
sending in the paperwork to register the camp as opposed to the people, etc).
 The period term for this is "harbinger" - the person who went ahead of an
army to find the next night's camping site, or ahead of a nobleman's party to
arrange lodging for the night.

Brangwayna Morgan