SC -

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri May 19 21:14:27 PDT 2000

Nyckademus asked about Pennsic:
> I have planned for it twice.  I have packed for it four times.  None of my
> friends can make it this year so naturaly its the first time my work has
> allowed me to go.  To be more precise my new boss asked me if i had anything
> i wanted to do this summer so he could plan my schedual.  Im a teacher doing
> some summer class mangment workshops.

Others will probably have more answers to your specific questions.

You might also want to take a look at these files in the PENNSIC section
of my Florilegium, as well as the Pennsic web site.
Enchnted-Grd-msg  (27K)  8/ 5/96    Duke Caridoc's period encampment at Pennsic.
Fire-Book-art   (2043K)  7/29/96    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use.
BP-Thingie-art    (38K)  9/30/94    Bart's Pennsic guidebook w. Estrella addm.
P-history-msg     (79K)  3/23/00    Pennsic history.
Pennsic-gifts-msg  (8K)  9/10/99    Some gift ideas for those going to Pennsic.
Pennsic-ideas-msg (45K) 10/23/95    Useful ideas for Pennsic.
P-stories-msg     (65K)  9/ 8/99    Pennsic stories.
P-tale-MWIFO-art  (23K)  8/26/96    Making Wrought Iron from Ore at
Pennsic 24.

I went to Pennsic 21, 23 and 25 by car (27 hours each way!) and I flew in,
thanks to the generosity of several folks on this list, for Pennsic 28 and
29. And I've sent in my money for this next Pennsic.

It sounds like you will be driving to Pennsic, correct?

Nyckadmus, they are getting much more strict and picky about land as the
years go by. Many groups are not allowing folks to stay with them unless
you have pre-registered and explicitly allocated your land allocation to
them. The deadline for this is June 1st, if I remember correctly. While
you can camp in the "singles" camping area(s) it is much better to make
arrangements to pre-register and camp with an organised group.

There is a pot-luck supper for this SCA-Cooks list scheduled in one of
the class tents the second week, but I can't remember the details right
now.

I will be camping with Phlip's SPCA group down near the lake. No matter
where you end up, please feel free to come down and visit. While some
of them have quite a bark, they don't generally bite. :-)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net