SC - What to look for - new virus

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 19 23:08:44 PDT 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/19/00 7:51:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> crigby at uswest.net writes:
>
> <<  I was downtown today and outside a flower shop they have
>  about 600 rose petals spread out on the side walk.  >>
>
> Did you actually get down on your hands and knees and count them? <gasp>
> <staring in awe>
>
> Ras

You know, I wondered about that myself. It occurred to me to wonder if
there was a tactful way to inquire if Murkial (it was Murkial, wasn't
it?) was a vampire...

Yet another area in which folkloric vampires differ from fictional ones,
and I mention this in connection with my drive for Period Vampires at
Pennsic, is their reported compulsion to count piles of little objects,
such as a spilled sack of grain.

I always wondered if Jim Henson knew more than he was telling when he
came up with his Muppet character known as the Count. "One... chocolate
chip cookie! [lightning flash] Ah hah hah hah!!! Two... chocolate chip
cookies! [another lightning flash] Ah hah hah hah!!!"

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com