SC - finally! A baking success! and re: honey butter

Sat May 20 03:42:45 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/19/00 2:28:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

> I think when you have to
>  subtitute or guess, it is worth going to some trouble to find similar
>  recipes that give you an indication what substitutes would have been
>  used or what "good spicery" would have consisted of.

I don't really want to re-open this old wound again, so I will merely state
that I had suggested, perhaps in a later post, that substitutions should be
"appropriate to the recipe" or some such.  Using similar recipes as a source
for substitutions was mentioned in my later posts.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt