SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2286 - Perry's Arabic cookbook

Devra@aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sat May 20 19:30:14 PDT 2000

The hazelnut milk is from Chiquart.  In spite of the fact that my
favorite night-time sip is a hazelnut liqueur in milk, I never would have
thought of doing that.  It's used to make a frumenty, and I believe the
recipe is towards the end, where some of the invalid recipes are.  Around
#77?

Works nicely with a barley frumenty.  Incidently, does anyone have an
explanation as to why rice cooked in milk or cream just does not do as
nicely as rice cooked in water?  Does the fat content prevent/hinder
liquid absorption?

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com