SC - help with Elizabethan feasts plans Requested

BJ of NZ bjofnz at yahoo.co.nz
Sat May 20 20:23:19 PDT 2000

I don't thik its the fat beacause most reciepes for rice I come across say
to add butter to the rice/water pot.  It might be that for the same volume
milk and cream just have less water for the rice to absorb. To compensate
you need to increase the volume of milk or cream. Is this for a rice
pudding? If so split the liquid in your reciepe to half milk/half water that
way when its done the rice will be soft. Also only add egg yolks to the
cooking pudding saving the whites for a meringue that you add after the
pudding has cooled.  Makes it very light and alas out of period.  Unless
someone can contradict me- Please.