SC - unsubscribe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun May 21 15:32:50 PDT 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Adamantius declared:
> > Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > > The SCA does have a rather blotchy reputation across many fields
> > > and areas. Many SCA folks could be a little more diplomatic and
> > > concerned for the impressions they give when talking to folks outside
> > > the SCA. The SCA, as with many other group,s has a large number of
> > > folks who consider themselves "experts" and will tell you all about
> > > it, yet not listen to anyone else.
> >
> > Say it ain't so, Lord Joe!!! Us??? Moi?
>
> No, just in case someone is wondering, I did NOY have you in mind when
> I said this. And really not on this list either. Many of those I consider
> experts on this list are the first to declare, no they are not experts
> just a bit more knowledgeable than some others. I've seen other "experts"
> here listen and back down from statements they made or modify them.

I undertand... It's more a comment on a particular type of SCAdian than
on activity on this list. At least that's my take. Has anybody looked at
the Rialto lately? It seems half the all-too-frequent flame wars are
generated from one address, and while that person recently had something
forwarded to the cooks' list, he has not yet signed on. When he does I'm
outta here, I suspect.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy