SC - isbn and /or author

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 21 20:12:08 PDT 2000

> Here you go, thanks to M'lady Contance's documentation for last week's
> A&S:
> >From _Two 15th Century Cookbooks_, p. 139:
> "Take te whyte of eyroun a grete hepe, & putte it on a panne ful of
> mylke, & let yt boyle; ten sesyn it so with salt and honey a lytel; ten
> lat hir kele, & draw it torw a straynoure, an take fayre cowe mylke an
> draw yt withallm & seson it with sugre; & loke tat it be poynant &
> doucet: serve it forth for a potage, or for a god bakyn mete, wheder tat
> tou wolt."
>
> The way Constance redacted it, it came out much like a slightly sweet
> custard sauce.  Absolutely divine as a dip for fresh strawberries.
> - --Maire

Thanks, Maire.

Do you think Constance would be willing to let you post her redaction? While
I can get the general gist of this, some of the directions and certainly
the amounts are over my head.

Of course, I welcome others to post their redactions but Constance has
already made this, apparently to great effect, so I'd like to see her
redaction.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net