private-Re: SC - SC: Book of Keruynge

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon May 22 06:18:19 PDT 2000

Akim wrote:

I do know for a fact that the prestigious British College of Arms is very well
acquainted with our work in heraldry and regards us very seriously.  One of our
senior heralds in Meridies was offered a job by the Lion King of Arms himself
some years back.

I can also add that the Norroy Ulster King of Arms actually attended a College
of Arms symposium some years back as a guest of honor, and was quite
complimentary of our work...I know 'cause I autocratted the event (I was Triton
PH for Atlantia at the time).

I can also add to what others have said that a good friend here in Atlantia, one
of the first around here to make steel armor, was hired by the Tower of London
to put one of Henry VIII's sets of Tournament Armor back together
again...someone had had the very poor taste to take the thing apart to clean it,
then passing away!  He went from there to work as an armor consultant at the
Metropolitan Museum.  Another friend served on the NC State commission on one of
the Centenary celebrations at Roanoke Island, and was asked to make an 18 ct
gold livery collar for the Chancellor of either Duke or U of NC...can't remember
which!

So I do agree that we do, one way or another, make our mark on folks!

Kiri