SC - Peeres in confyt

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 22 09:00:09 PDT 2000

I got to actually watch the infamous Emeril Cooks Medieveal
segment on Food Network last Friday night. I did come away
with a couple of views.

First, in Emeril's defense. He did state clearly at the beginning
of the show that these dishes were inspired by medieval cooking.
His version of "peri-oid", I guess.

Also in his defense. The dishes were beautiful. And very appetising.
The pie in particular was absolutely gorgeous.

The "knights and wenches" looked pretty embarassed to be there
and some of the little acts they did at station break were pretty
lame.

Emeril looked like an idiot in the "King's outfit" and Doc Gibbs
really didn't seem to be happy in the jester's cap.

There were errors. The "no silverware" being the most glaring.
But it wasn't as bad as I feared at first.

I'd give him about a C- on it. At least it presented "Medieval"
food in a lovely and tasty way. Not just turkey legs and the
overspiced rotten meat or stew and bread of most people's
imagination. Like Medieval Times itself, I look at the show
as not period but maybe getting some folks to think about
looking more into history.

Yers,

Gunthar