SC - Charlemagne + St. Gall

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed May 24 23:39:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/24/2000 8:37:46 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

<< Chances are that she is allergic to most hardwood species of nuts, like my
 ex-wife.  >>

Thankfully no. (Or not yet depending on the way this goes.)  This is a good
thing since one of my guilty pleasures is Lindor hazelnut filled chocolate
balls.

<< I do know that there are, somewhere ( try the health food store ), "nuts"
made
 from Soybean paste, that more or less simulate the texture, and some of the
flavor
 of walnuts or pecans.
 IIRC, however, these are very inferior subsitituts. Just cook another
recipe. >>

I can look for these, but the likelyhood of finding them is slim since I live
in the middle of nowhere.  I think, at least for the recipies I like my
options are to skip the nuts altogether or try some other variety of nuts.  I
guess my husband, brother-in-law and father will just have to deal with
eating my different versions of Almas pite. (And before anyone asks I'll try
to post the recipe this weekend when I have more time.  Its not a period
recipe but it is a nice little dessert. . .)

Noemi