Honey (Was SC - Ice)

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu May 25 00:29:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/24/00 11:18:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
allilyn at juno.com writes:

>  Veg. garden plants: onions, shallots, garlic, leek, celery, parsley,
>  coriander, chervil, dill, lettuce, poppy, savory, radishes, parsnip,
>  carrots, colewort, beet, black cumin.  [colewort is a sort of cabbage].
>  Orchard: apple, pear, mulberry, peach. plum, service & medlar, laurel,
>  chestnut, fig, quince, hazelnut, almond, walnut.
>   Physicc garden plants: 'Kidney' bean, savvory,

Let's see;  we've got some coriander, cumin, and onion...throw in some of
those later period tomatoes, and we'll make some salsa!  Seriously, any
recipes using the leaves of coriander (otherwise known as cilantro or chinese
parsley) in period?  Also, is there any indication in the texts that the
coriander called for is, in fact, the seed, and not the leaf?  I happen to
love the stuff, and would be interested to see a recipe which uses the leaves.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?