SC - Period cooling (was ice)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu May 25 00:36:21 PDT 2000

 > Chances are that she is allergic to most hardwood species of nuts,
like my ex-wife.  I do know that there are, somewhere ( try the health
food store ),  "nuts" made  from Soybean paste, that more or less
simulate the texture, and some  of the flavor of walnuts or pecans.
IIRC, however, these are very inferior subsitituts. Just cook  another
recipe.

	I cannot for the life of me think of what you're talking about.  We
don't carry anything that is a 'nut' made from soybean paste.  We do have
'soynut butter', which is a peanut butter-like product, made from ground,
toasted soybeans, and we also carry toasted soybeans that are eaten like
nuts.  What you're describing sounds more like 'wheat nuts' that are
available in most grocery stores in the snacks section, which are made
from an extrusion of a wheat paste.  They are pretty tasty, but I don't
think they would cook up well.
	Brandu's probably right, another recipe or the exclusion of nuts would
probably be best.
	Christianna