SC - Chicken and Waffles (was Speculating...)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 14:29:09 PDT 2000

Listies,

    After all the response I have gotten regarding my illuminated cookery
book, I have decided to go ahead and do two (may as well, since it is just as
easy to bind another while I have the materials out...) The illumination may
take a while, but I think the results will be grand.  The CP Prize Carnival
is being held, I believe, in Gyldenholt, or the Barony of Angels.  I will not
be making the trip myself, instead sending the book to Lord Gulliver
Blackrune for addition to the prize table.  I will certainly be posting
photos of the finished work, and will offer Stefan a documentation article
for the Florilegium.  I have gotten a massive amount of helpful response from
the e-group "bookbinding", and there are some wonderful resources for
medieval bookbinding techniques on the internet.  I will be posting url's as
soon as I get my internet up and running (by the way, AOL's "Internet
Accelerator"...ain't!)

As for the second copy, I will certainly raffle it off for one of the SCA's
favorite charities.  I will notify the list when it is completed.

Thanks for the support, everyone.  This has proven to be a very exciting
project, and I can't wait to see the finished product.  Anyone interested in
contributing to the second edition, please send along your favorite period
recipe to me off-list (the original plus your redaction, if available).  I
will include a "contributing authors" section and give credit where it's due.
 This may even be a neat little "sca-cooks list" book by the time I get done.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?