SC - Oak Gall resources

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri May 26 23:44:35 PDT 2000

Phlip said:
> Paul, I'm ccing this over to you, in case you might have some insights, too.
> Keep in mind, I'm doing Khazars about 500 CE, before they became a Kingdom,
> while they were still nomads near the Caucasian mountains, but later stuff
> would be interesting also.

>From Byzantine to Kahzar? Going native, are we? I bet it's because
you found out that the women were allowed to wear pants. :-)

You may have already checked out this file but if not perhaps it will
be of some use to you. In the CULTURES section of my Florilegium:
Khazars-msg       (14K)  4/19/99    Medieval Jewish kingdom near the
Caspian Sea

Sorry, no food referances in there and really only some general
comments. I
wish there were more. I remember a lot of discussion on the Rialto about the
Khazars, but most of it was before I started saving anything on them. You
might also check this file:
Jews-msg          (70K) 11/30/98    Medieval Jews, Jewish personas.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net