SC - Le Viandier Found

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun May 28 15:21:54 PDT 2000

Sandra,

I don't have, or know the nature of, a Mouli grater, but if it produces
nut meal, then, yes, you are all set.  The trouble with doing almonds in
the blender is that blenders want some liquid--which you will add to make
the milk, but just grinding whole or pieces of almonds into the chunks or
meal may burn your motor.  Been there, done that.  I do have a food
processor, plus a bitty food processor my sister gave me--the 1-2
onion-don't wash-the-whole-machine size.  Very handy, usually fairly
cheap at K-Mart or Walmart around Mother's Day or Christmas.  I grind the
almonds into smaller chunks, and then finish with the blender and the
liquid.  Haven't tried doing it with a coffee grinder.  If you get one,
for grinding your spices, look for the Braun.  It's electric, small
footprint on the counter, does a nice job.

I haven't tried producing almond butter, since I'm afraid of completely
burtning out the motor, but others on the list surely have, and will tell
us how to do that.  Or maybe it's already in the Florilegium.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com