SC - We're home

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon May 29 19:24:15 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Elizabeth/Betty Cook
(recipe snipped)
> Numbles means innards. We suspect the title of the recipe is derived
> from the French word for "heart" and therefore use heart, but it is
> also good made with kidney.

Thank you, this looks wonderful for her!  I have been making the "Noumbles"
from Pleyn Delit for her on a regular basis (BTW, it freezes very well
indeed - or so she says, I don't like the stuff).

Pleyn Delit does mention that noumbles means innards.  In theory the stew I
have been making her uses deer organs, but they are not available at the
moment, so I have been making it with a mixture of lamb and beef (I think
that I prefer working with lamb kidneys - ox ones are so big!).  I will make
a venison version for her when that is in season.

Gwynydd