SC - Period recipes for lavender?

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue May 30 18:44:43 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/30/00 6:28:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

> "I have heard that to eat corn and potatos in the
>  same meal is a bad idea, since it creates a starch very difficult to
>  digest properly - myth?"

While this may be a subject better left to the chemists or Food Scientists
amongst us, I do believe that there is some merit to the "myth", as I have
heard it before.  I believe it has something to do with a molecular bonding
of the two different starches, which form a long carbohydrate molecule which
is difficult for the enzymes/acids in the human stomache to break apart.
Therefore, they must work on the ends of the chain, like two people eating
the same piece of licorice whip.  I'm sure I'll be corrected if this is
wrong, or at least the theory will be explained in greater detail.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?