SC - A Soup for the Qan, revisited

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed May 31 12:51:45 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/31/00 8:26:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mmkl at indy.net
writes:

>  You both have quite a project!!!
>  How many recipes are you doing? My girls are only doing twelve, but
>  that's a LOT of work!!!

I think Ras' book is probably going to be much more detailed than mine, as
his, I believe, is composed of his own redactions of period reciepts
(Right?).  Mine will be much easier, as I am merely borrowing from the work
of others.  The illuminations and calligraphy, the binding and the tooling
will all be my own, however, which already proves to be a daunting task!  I
am donating mine to a Crown Prints Prize Carnival, so it will contain recipes
useful and informative to a mundane cook, or a new SCAdian.  Nothing too
outlandish.  I intend to have 25 to 50 reciepts in my first attempt,
depending upon time constraints.  Each illuminated page will be published on
the web (no url yet) as I finish it.
I am actually contemplating including, on the end papers, a "family tree"
similar to that found in Cuthbert's book, only mine will be a "lineage" of
the Kings and Queens of Caid since the Kingdom's inception.  Anyone who has
info on names, dates and heraldry, please don't be shy...send them along!

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?