SC - Pleyn Delit et al-vinegar

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon May 1 12:51:35 PDT 2000

I agree.  I think that vinegar may well have been used the same way I often use
wine...to enhance flavor.  In fact, at the event I cooked a couple of weeks ago,
I made a soup/stew which was my own creation based on some "pottages" from
Digby.  I kept tasting it, adding seasonings, tasting, etc., but something was
still not quite right.  I added a bit of vinegar, and it was perfect.  You
couldn't taste the vinegar...it enhanced all of the other flavors.  Oddly
enough, in recipes with lots of acidic content, sugar can be used the same way.

Kiri