SC - American Culinary Federation

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon May 1 20:48:20 PDT 2000

> >While we are on the subject of recommending reading
> materials, who recommends what magazines?

> May I suggest the "National Culinary Review" published by the
> American Culinary Federation?  This magazine runs the gamut, and very
often has information which may be construed as "period".  It is
available to
> all ACF members, or you may subscribe at "www.acf.org"  I highly,
highly
> recommend this magazine.
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor

	So, Balthazar, are you a member of the ACF?  I did my apprenticeship
with them (first woman to graduate from the program in the South East),
lo, these many moons ago.  I always advocate an apprenticeship over a
culinary-school education, more otj training, more ability to work in
real-life situations.  However, I never saw anything in the magazine that
I could have possibly considered period, but then, it has been many
years.
Christianna
who does not wish to get into a flame debate with cooking school alum,
but I have my personal experiences with various disciplines' graduates to
go on!