SC - corn-animal or people food - OOP

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Tue May 2 05:45:10 PDT 2000

	At 05:01 PM 5/1/00 -0500, you wrote:
	>As a child growing up in Germany, I was told that many Germans
believe
	>corn appropriate for animal consumption but not for human.  At best
it
	>was believed to be a low status item.
	>Has anyone found any evidence to this in various European
countries, or
	>was I mislead?
	ska: Lord Caleb Reynolds wrote
	Corn on the cob is considered pig food in Germany. They do serve
corn,
	mostly mixed in with other dishes.

My parents have often told me that when I was a baby (I lived in London
until age 3) our French au-pair refused to eat corn as she considered it to
be pig food (this was 28 years ago).
A matter of great astonishment to us, as hot buttered corn-on-the-cob with
pepper is a favorite BBQ treat in NZ.
Ciao
Lucretzia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.