SC - Re:Balthazar's expresso cake

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed May 3 07:56:10 PDT 2000

I think we're looking at another difference in how words are defined by
different people.  I have also known people who have had cooking lessons and
still couldn't do it well...in fact, my lord's aunt has a degree in Home
Economics (yes, they did give degrees for that many years ago!).  She produces
dishes that are absolutely picture-perfect, but also absolutely inedible!

On the other hand, my mother HATED to cook...only did it because she absolutely
had to.  But she was one of the best cooks I've ever encountered.  I think that
there is an innate ability to "know" when something is "right".  It has to be
developed just as any talent does, but it's a talent, I believe!

Kiri