SC - Re: clotted cream

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu May 4 07:38:11 PDT 2000

    I just poured cream into a hotel pan, and put a lid on top, and one of
those back warming pads set to low underneath it. Left it in the kitchen for
about 24 hours, and it came out beautifully. Just skim the liquid off the
top, drizzle honey or spices (whatever floats your boat) over the top. score
it with a knife, and serve it!

    Sieggy

> Would it perhaps be possible to do clotted cream by leaving the pan in an
oven with a pilot light? I have used this to supply gentle heat for bread
rising.