Subject: SC - Information

Bethany Public Library betpulib at ptdprolog.net
Wed May 3 22:12:27 PDT 2000

Mort,

Welcome to the SCA-cooks list. There is a lot of information on the list.
There's a lot of chatting that is semi-realted, as well. You might have to
dig deep through the volume, but there are some real gold nuggets waiting to
be unearthed.

I happen to know there are good sca folks in Philadelphia who also happen to
be cooks. Don't know if any of them are on this list, but I think I can get
in touch with them in a pinch (a friend has a cooking apprentice down
there). PA can always use good cooks. Me, I'm from the Scranton area.

In any case, I hope we are what you are looking for. We can be fractious,
giddy and downright gross at times, but we generally have a good time. The
key: not taking anything you read to heart. We all mean well when we post,
sometimes it doesn't come out that way, though. And don't expect us to
agree-----not even on holy subjects such as caffeine and chocolate.

Cheers

Aoife