SC - FW: ! URGENT Virus alert by Global Support Center

Donna Ford evfemia at mail.com
Thu May 4 20:00:00 PDT 2000

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> Let me say first that I am far from a computer expert. That said, I am
> unaware that it's possible to download a virus simply by opening mail, which
> is mostly, if not always text. Is it possible that there may be an attached
> file you'd have to open to download the virus? Or perhaps many corporate type
> computers automatically download attached files?

With microsoft mail readers, in some cases, they will execute
attachments automatically.  I don't know if the "I love you" worm does
that.

Specifically internet explorer and outlook express are vulnerable to
this virus/worm.

You are better off to not take any chances.  (My husband is a computer
expert.)

Evfemia at mail.com
Iron Mtn, Meridies