SC - Quinces (storage)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 7 17:01:23 PDT 2000

Gwynydd of Culloden asked:
> Can anyone tell me how I should be storing these quinces?  I won't get onto
> cooking them for a while and at the moment they are in cloth shopping bags
> on the kitchen floor!

You might want to take a look at this file in the FOOD section of the
Florilegium:
fruit-quinces-msg (29K)  2/ 3/00    Period uses and recipes for quinces.

Or this one in the FOOD-SWEETS section:
marmalades-msg    (53K) 12/20/99    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams

Even if there isn't any useful info in these files on the best way to
store quinces, perhaps the recipes and other information might be of
interest.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net